• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone need a boxee invite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I'm not looking to make anything off of these, but I was just wanted to know if anyone wanted to try it out without waiting for it to be fully released.

Reaction score
How do you like it? I heard a couple of things but don't know if i would have the time to really mess with it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black
How do you like it? I heard a couple of things but don't know if i would have the time to really mess with it.

I actually really like it. It used to be really bad for Mac, but a new update came out and it's actually pretty good now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
please and thank you :)

blizare at gmail dot com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
If you have an extra!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
boxee rocks. Once you get the hang of it, installing new software on the AppleTV is a snap. The boxee forums folks are pretty laid back too - haven't seem any Techie Snobs posting there yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I signed up for boxee. They said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. Do these invites let you jump to the front of the line??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Took me about 3 weeks for an invite. They are very busy right now because of the recent AppleTV 2.3 update. I'm sure they will hit you soon - they send them out on Mondays.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I signed up for boxee. They said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. Do these invites let you jump to the front of the line??

Yes they do :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
Thanks for the invite.

After trying it for a few minutes and realizing it won't let me watch Family Guy in Canada.....Thats pretty disappointing.

But I did click on The incredible Hulf Movie and within 10 seconds it started playing it albeit a bit grainy but hey, it worked.

Then I clicked esc and i froze on me :p

Reaction score
Boxee Invite

If you have any more left could you please send one to:
cme07110<at>vtc.edu
Thank you!!!

Reaction score
Hey,
I've been searching for an invite? Do you still have one to spare?

jordieshapiro at mac com

Reaction score
Man, I've been dying to try hacking boxee into my AppleTV. If you've still got one I'd love it.

malcolmbackup at gmail.com

Reaction score
i'd appreciate one as well if you don't mind.

clemsontiger at gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.