iPhone, Address Book,Mobile Me & Custom Ringtones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I want to see if anyone else has seen this problem.

I use a lot of custom ringtones. Every so often Address book on my iPhone will clear itself when it syncs with the MobileMe servers. This is not a big deal as it simply re-syncs and comes back within about 30 seconds. What drives me insane is that every time it does this it loses all of my custom ringtone settings and I have to manually reset them all.

Has anyone else encountered this and has anyone found a way to stop it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
not by syncing with mobile me, but it did happen recently to me. I thought maybe because of 2.2 update. I haven't reset the custom rings so I don't know if it is an on going issue, but from what you say maybe it is...

Reaction score
According to the mobileme support on the apple website, mobileMe does not support syncing ringtones. So if you have custom ringtones, they will be reset. This, along with the fact that you can't sync subscription calendars, lowers the functionality of the iPone. They really screwed up with mobile me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I haven't had that happen yet even though I sync with Mobile Me. I use custom ringtones sparingly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.