Transfering data from dead laptop

Reaction score
hi,

iv got a problem, my laptop (powerbook G4 10.5) will not start up at all and the apple help line have told me that it is almost definitely dead. however the harddrive is only a few weeks old and has important data that i need. how do i transfer the files from my laptop to a mini mac 10.4 and is it possible without being able to turn the laptop on?

thanks for your help
charlie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you read the negative review? You may be capable of using that particular adapter 100 times without error, but how about a novice?

Better = In this case, means foolproof.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Did you read the negative review? You may be capable of using that particular adapter 100 times without error, but how about a novice?

Better = In this case, means foolproof.

Regards.

If someone does not understand they should never connect a drive with the power applied they should not be using something like this in the first place. I am not trying to start anything, but I am just curious. Have you used both? What makes the one you mentioned foolproof? If you can point me to a bunch of reviews (100% positive of course) and something that states it is foolproof I will place my order today. Not trying to be a smarty pants - just wondering where you are getting your info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.