won't boot from optical drive

Reaction score
I have a older ppc mini (A1103) G4 1.25 GHz, 1GB ram, with Leopard.
Since I don't really use it anymore, I wanted to erase the hard drive and install linux or openbsd and tinker with it. I have an bootable official Openbsd-ppc cd, (bought from their site). Tried holding the "c" key. I can hear the disc spin for 2-3 seconds, it ejects it and boots into Leopard. Thought there might be a problem with the disc so I tried booting with the original install disc, same problem. Tried to do a hardware test with the same disc, same deal, it spins for bit and ejects. The discs are both scratch and dust free.

Also tried holding down "alt", the "windows" key, (pc keyboard), and reseting the PRAM.

At this point, I'm thinking there's a problem with the drive. The weird thing is the drive seems to read disks fine when I'm in Leopard.

I'm a newbie of sorts with Macs and was wondering if there's anything else I can try?

Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Figured it out...tried different keyboard, works fine.

Thanks to everyone who replied..uhm...read my post :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.