1Password

Reaction score
So Agile Solutions is hosting a promotion giving past purchasers of their 1Password software a free code to give away. The program is really great and I personally can't imagine going back to using my computer without it but I don't know anyone else who would get use out of it.

As such, I am offering to sell the code to whoever wants it for $14 which is $10 off the regular price and cheaper than the price they have on promotion right now.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks,
Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Or use this link and get 15% off:

http://agile.ws/store?d=Thanksgiving

Then when you purchase you'll get 3 free licenses to send to your friends and family. And btw.. 1Password rocks.. I can't remember.. errr... I don't want to remember what it was like before 1Password came into my life.:)

Reaction score
I don't want to ruin your thread, but honestly, if you want 1Passwd, buy it directly from AgileWebSolutions.com. 1Passwd is a great app and your just ripping of the developers.

OP
N
Reaction score
Well, I would normally feel like I am robbing the company of a sale for a product that is worth the $25 except one week after I bought my copy they had the Halloween promotion in which they reduced the price 50% I believe.

Still looking to make something off of this....$12 anyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well, I would normally feel like I am robbing the company of a sale for a product that is worth the $25 except one week after I bought my copy they had the Halloween promotion in which they reduced the price 50% I believe.

Still looking to make something off of this....$12 anyone

Well that takes a lot of nerve... having sales right after someone buys at full price. I've NEVER heard of any such thing. Just what is this world coming to?

OP
N
Reaction score
They're entitled to have their sale and I was fine with it because before they sent word of the sale because I thought the program was worth the $25 I paid. That doesn't mean I'm not entitled to want to make some money back so they get another satisfied user recommending the program and I get the program for a little less.

Reaction score
So Agile Solutions is hosting a promotion giving past purchasers of their 1Password software a free code to give away. The program is really great and I personally can't imagine going back to using my computer without it but I don't know anyone else who would get use out of it.

As such, I am offering to sell the code to whoever wants it for $14 which is $10 off the regular price and cheaper than the price they have on promotion right now.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick,

Not only do you not have legal right to sell this, its completely beyond the scope and spirit of the promotion we are doing. We're trying to say thanks to current 1Password customers and give them something special for the holiday. These types of abuses only hurt that cause. I think we put together a fantastic promo here but we didn't do it to put you in the business of selling 1Password.

For anyone reading this, please do not take Nick up his "offer".

Thanks

Carl S.
Chief Evangelist
Agile Web Solutions
Password Manager + Automatic Form Filler for Mac OS X
Switchers' Blog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I know I made some family members real happy today with my gift. I was a Roboform user on the PC and when I switched I thought I would go crazy without it. Low and behold someone told me about 1Password and it has been all downhill since. Anyone on the fence about this product needs to get off it and buy it!

PS - I do not work for them or know anyone who does. LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Im not going to close the thread since it has turned into an "How awesome is 1Password!" thread.. which all of us users of 1Password can't say enough good things about it, but we'll try :)

So the ambiguity of the request has been cleared up. Thanks Carl for clearing that up, and thanks Nick for not having any malice in what you were doing and responding amiably.

Now again.. I can't stress enough, get this app, and use that link I posted above for a 15% discount.

Oh and Nick feel free to edit your original post. As in remove the parts that Carl mentioned. Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Tried it a couple of years ago when I got my first Mac. Had been using Roboform also for several years prior. But, as my primary browser was Opera, it was of no use, since Opera is not supported.

Am using Safari a lot more now, so downloaded it again due to this post and am checking it out again. It's a very nice app and does it's job well. But sorry, $40, or $34 after the 15% discount. Still seems kind of high to me for a form filler.

It is nice that with a single license you can put it on as many Mac's as you can afford. Maybe when I can afford more than 1 Mac, it may become more worthwhile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.