Safari and Firefox button incompatibilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is having a great day.

I've run into a weird problem. I have been trying to sign onto a Princeton Review website (Test Prep: GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, SAT, ACT, and More | The Princeton Review) to give a diagnostic exam. The problem is the "sign in" button is not working. When I click it, it acts as if it hasn't been clicked--no error page, no progress, just the same page.

The website is only compatible with firefox (on macs)--also, I've tried versions 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 for Firefox. I am getting the same problem trying safari. (However, I was able to sign in w/ Opera--but the website is not compatible later on)

I tried it out on a few pc's and they work fine. It gets weirder... I used a virtualization software to run xp on my mac and tried it using xp. Firefox gives me the same problem. Internet Explorer (which is supposed to be compatible on windows) lets me log in but says that it is not compatible because I'm running netscape--when i'm not running netscape.

I've asked a few people with macs and they have been able to get on just fine on Firefox and Safari. I contacted princeton review and they couldn't help. I can't think of anything else to do.

***BTW...If some of you guys can get on the website and see if the "sign in" button works for you on firefox, it would be great. You don't need any log in information. Just click to see if it responds by displaying 2 x's by the username and password. Again, the URL is Test Prep: GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, SAT, ACT, and More | The Princeton Review

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Arsh

OP
A
Reaction score
update:

When I do a browser analysis scan online, the website seems to think I'm using netscape, instead of firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.