help! my macbook pro screen is glitching

Reaction score
I just got back home from my dorm. I boot up my computer and it gets to the welcome screen then the screen starts glitching a little. i restart it to see if it will fix the problem. now when i turn my computer and i keep getting this!

2uxwaxx.jpg

the screen isn't cracked or scratched or anything. i tried removing the battery etc.

anyone know what might be wrong? i'm going to try to go to the mac store sometime next week but i don't have applecare. i hope it's nothing serious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Looks like it - I would bet it's your logic board. How old is it?

Reaction score
i have seen this before, is it a macbook pro? I have had it before, before my macbook pro cracked, not as bad as this machine. After a while it went away, but now it looks like this [Removed Link]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Yea that looks like a logic board problem. But to be sure, can you hook up an external display and see if you get a picture? If you see your desktop, then it is the LCD. If you do not get a picture, or get those same lines, it is a logic board.

In which case, better hope you have some warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.