Apple Care + or -

Reaction score
Hi, as some of you may or may not already know I purchased a refurbished macbook not long ago.

I was wondering whether purchasing the Apple Care and if its worth it.

because my macbook was a refurbished one I wasn't legible to purchase the apple care with my macbook at the same time which would've been £50 or something, with my higher ed discount.

I know I can still purchase the apple care for £120 (with higher ed discount) which is slightly cheaper than the retail price as well.

Well I wanted to know is it worth buying? do macs really have much problems?

Also, I know with any macs you get 1year guarantee anyway so is it worth buying the apple care say sometime next year instead or is it best to buy it asap?

thanks for reading!

Reaction score
I've not long brought a refurbished macbook and its already had to have the logic board and keyboard replaced. I brought the macbook at the end of october for £529 the cost of the replacement parts and labour came to £545!

You can get apple care on ebay for around £90 and if you can get a 15% discount with a paypal voucher its even cheaper.

I'm going to be buying it when i get paid this friday :)

Also, if you come to re-sell your macbook then buyers allways pay a slightly higher price if the machine still has some apple care remaining on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
Minus. If there is a faulty with the machine it is discovered in the first year hence the reason 1 year warranty is free. Apple Care like the rest of the extended warranties are there to make you think you need it to make money.

I have never purchased extra care and never needed it.

Reaction score
Minus. If there is a faulty with the machine it is discovered in the first year hence the reason 1 year warranty is free. Apple Care like the rest of the extended warranties are there to make you think you need it to make money.

I have never purchased extra care and never needed it.

QFT

When I bought my first Mac, everyone recommended AppleCare. I have found it a waste of money.

If there is anything wrong with it, you will certainly find out about it within a year of use - beyond that, any damage is most likely going to be your fault.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
I plan to buy it before my warranty runs out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 24-inch iMac; 14-inch iBook G4
Apple Care +

I purchased my iBook G4 in September 2005 along with Apple Care. This past summer the DC in board (charges the battery) died. It was just a few months before my 3 year warranty (Apple Care) expired. The Apple store repaired the problem free of charge - Apple Care paid for itself in this one instance. I also purchased Apple Care for my 24-inch C2D iMac I purchased in 2006, so I still have another year on that one. If for no other reason, peace of mind is justification enough for me :). So, I say plus + get Apple Care, it's worth it in my mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.