Mac not booting after playing in Windows -- MacDrive 7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
So I have a 2.2GHz C2Duo MacBook Pro and it's been pretty much flawless since I bought it 2 years ago.

However today I had some issues. I was installing a game from an ISO I had on my computer and needed to install Daemon tools. I installed Daemon tools and it had an error and then I rebooted into Mac and it failed. Earlier in the day I was also using MacDrive 7 to watch a movie. MacDrive7, if you're not aware, is a program for Windows which allows you to read/write to a Mac formatted drive/partition. I have been sketchy about it ever since it corrupted a external hard drive of mine a few times...and I think it may have done that today.

I boot into Windows fine. I boot into Mac and I get to the spinning circle and then the fans shut off and 3-5 seconds later the screen goes black and the machine is totally off. Anything I can try? Is there a Windows program which can repair Mac formatted partitions? I know that is a weird request but I bet there is one out there somewhere...hopefully. I have all of my papers/homework/etc. on there and they aren't backed up anywhere.

Any help is appreciated!

OP
jhartford6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bump, please help, still not working.

OP
jhartford6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll be trying PartitionMagic tonight, can anyone confirm if this works?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'll be trying PartitionMagic tonight, can anyone confirm if this works?

I can confirm that it will NOT work. PM will only work with DOS or Linux formatted partitions\drives. Your OS X installation is probably corrupted.

Boot the machine with your installation DVD disk 1 and run First Aid from the DVD. Verify the disk and repair as necessary. If that doesn't work, then you may be forced to re-install OS X. However, before you do, download and use either "WinClone" or "CampTune" to make a backup copy of your Windows partition so you can restore it after wiping the drive and re-installing the OS.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.