• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Editing AVI using FCP

Reaction score
Need advice here please. I was trying to edit some footage captured by Premiere Pro (AVI formats) using FCP. at the time I preview the output, I found that those clips which I added slow motion and some other special effects appear to be jerky. What went wrong here and how should I solve this problem? Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
If you're trying to get smooth slow motion from a standard consumer (or even prosumer) camcorder, life is going to be a little tough for you. As far as adding special effects, does the jerkiness come after you've exported or only when you're trying to preview the effects while still editing?

Some specs on your Mac would be helpful, as well as what software you're using. If you have an older machine and you're using uncompressed AVI, you're probably using all of your ram/processor power simply trying to view the file in real time. Add effects to that and that would explain the jerky footage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.