• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie audio skipping

Reaction score
I am making a longish movie (30 minutes) and the audio on my added sound effects and background music is starting to skip. It didn't do this when I was first making the movie, only recently which leads me to believe it has something to do with the size of the movie/file.

Is there a way to fix the music so it stops skipping? It's no big skips, just little mini skips every other seconds and it really brings down the quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
iMovie version?

I'm wondering, out loud, if this may be due the sample rates being different. If I recall right, it is best if they are all 48kHz.

OP
F
Reaction score
Sorry imovie HD (06). Is there a way to change the settings to make everything match up? I didn't have any trouble with these mp3s until later in the project.

OP
F
Reaction score
Ok I exported one clip and it looks like the audio problems don't happen to the exported version. Still, anyone know why this happens?

Reaction score
iMovie audio skipping - HELP HELP HELP!

I have this same exact problem, but on a much longer movie with too much invested in it to give up. How did you fix the problem? I can't think straight listening to the stuttering audio let alone finish editing the project. Someone mentioned setting audio tracks to 45khz. How the heck do you do that?

Help Please!

Currently using iMovie HD (06?) on Leopard.

Thanks,

W

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
How the heck do you do that?

If this is a problem with extra audio tracks, you could import them into iTunes as AIFF files at 48kHz. You can also convert audio that is already in iTunes by right clicking a file. The 'trick' is to set the 'Import Settings' to the desired setting first. You'll find that button under the General tab in the iTunes preferences.

If your original video sound track is having this issue, you may have to export it. But really, if you imported from a camera, I would expect it to be set correctly already.

I don't know this is the problem. For instance, I found an old reference to iMovie 03 that said changing the window size could cause this kind of problem. If you search the net for skipping imovie audio, you'll find several Final Cut entries that mention this issue and fix.

I'd be interested in seeing this solved because I'm curious what the right fix is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.