ipod touch 16g or 32g?

Reaction score
I am looking to buy an ipod touch but not sure what size i need? How much room do the apps take and up? does anyone us up all the gig space on the 32g?

thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
I would say 16gb is perfect. I personally don't have a huge library of songs but I have a fair amount of videos and apps and I am about 9 gigs threw my 16gb iPod touch. I think 32gb would be a little much and 8gb would be not enough.

So I say 16gb :D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
To answer that, look at the size of your own iTunes library. None of us know how much music/video you have or intend on getting. Apps are typically very small. Your music and video will absorb most of the space.

Reaction score
IF you can, go with the 32.

Once upon a time, when iPod nano was first released i got myself the 2gb model. Well, maybe because i live in a third world country and i dont swap electronics as fast as i change my underware, but up to date my nano is still my companion and i now regret that i didn't spend a couple more dollars and get the 4gb model.

So its up to you, you gonna change your touch as soon as a new one comes in? or you gonna keep it till it falls apart?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
I've had my 32GB for a week now.
There are 75 albums in it so far (128kbps AAC) which is roughly 3GB.
I'm really happy with it!

OP
K
Reaction score
thanks for the input it helps alot . just wondering if u have to purchase music from itunes to put in ur ipod or can it come from different sources?

Reaction score
It can come from many sources. I have the 8gb touch and wish it was the 32. My library is huge though. Under the "File" menu drop-down you can add to library. Whatever you get you are going to love. I'de also recommend the screen covers and a nice rubber outside cover. They have saved me time and time again.

-J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Penryn 2G/200Gb
I have about 7Gb's of music/podcasts and 6 GB's of video podcasts/tv shows, enough to last me two or three days of watching over the weekend. I'd vouch for 16Gb's, though if you've got the money 32Gb's is a great deal.

Yes, music can come from different sources other than iTunes (you can drop your .mp3's right into iTunes). I never used a screen cover for my iPod (though it's occasionally had to share a pocket with my keys), but I do have a rubber cover for the back. Just don't drop it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I was asking the salesman at a local Apple retailer if I should go 16 or 32... I like the idea of 32 gigs just because there's room for so much there, but then I looked at the size of my iTunes library, and well, it's about 5 Gigs right now. So, I didn't bother getting the 32 Gig, just because I know I probably will never fill it up, unless I find all the "good" music that was ever produced. LoL.

I'm perfectly happy with my 16 Gig, and I couldn't ask for more, for the money :)

But really, it depends on your iTunes library.

Reaction score
I've got a 16 and its' more than enough. My music library is about 28g, but I don't view the Touch as a device to hold everything I own. I put all the stuff I could reasonably think I would want to hear or watch on their, plus contacts and some photos and a few apps, and I've got about 14g used up.

Unlike the 120g Classic -- which I think is as much a library backup device as anything -- I think the Touch is something I would change up from time to time, or before longer trips, rather than load everything I own on to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.