Taking World Of Warcraft Screens

P

prophet

I've tried Grab and using shift-command-4 + spacebar. Both result in capturing a black window.

Does anyone know how to successfully screen cap the game?

OP
G

GregW

yes i play the game you hit F13 then go to the wow folder there is a folder inside that says screenshots your screen shot will be inside that folder.

my question is there any way to do a video screen capture as in a movie of the game for pc there is fraps.com but i want something to work with my G5

OP
P

prophet

GregW said:
yes i play the game you hit F13 then go to the wow folder there is a folder inside that says screenshots your screen shot will be inside that folder.

my question is there any way to do a video screen capture as in a movie of the game for pc there is fraps.com but i want something to work with my G5

But I'm on an iBook and only have up to f12... :/

edit: time to customize some key bindings...

edit2: but I see neither the binding, nor this folder you speek of

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
in that case,I dont play wow, but try going to the app, control click it, click show package contents, then look in the different folders for a folder called screenshots.

OP
P

prophet

Macman said:
in that case,I dont play wow, but try going to the app, control click it, click show package contents, then look in the different folders for a folder called screenshots.

did it, found nothing but the normal technical stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Okay, you are going to remap a key to act as F13. You won't find a screenshots folder in your WoW folder until you take a screenshot, make sense? During the game you can hit F13 (or whatever key you bind this function to) and it will show a little message on the screen (screen captured), after exiting the game go back to your WoW folder and there will be a new folder inside called "screenshots" where all your screenshots will be saved.

Reaction score
you can also use the command-shift-3 to do a screen shot and if you want to capture video you use snapz pro x which has a free trial of like 30 days and then it costs like 10 bucks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.