New Nano Sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
I searched the forums and could not find a thread covering this, but I'll apologize in advance if I missed it.

I just bought a new Nano for my girlfriend's son, and we hooked it up to her PC. It sync's fine, but I was surprised that the click wheel controls are inactive when the nano is connected to the pc. This is even after the sync has completed. I have had a mini, and currently have a touch, and all allow use of the controls, even when connected. I checked the switch on top of the nano and it is in the "on" position.

Is this a new feature, or am I missing something? In case you're wondering, I want access to the controls to make sure the sync worked without having to eject. My g/f and her son are new to the world of iPod, and I'm trying to make it easy to learn.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
Will1960
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4
My mistake all. The lack of replies told me quickly that I WAS missing something. The nano does not allow access to the controls during sync or when it is connected.

Sincere apologies to all for taking up valuable space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.