• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone and Wal-Mart...AFTER Christmas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo / 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 80GB HD
I was reading through the Apple blogs at fortune.cnn.com when I came across this little nugget...

Wal-Mart’s post-Christmas iPhone sale - Apple 2.0

This brought a number of questions to mind:

1. Why launch the product after Christmas? It was rumored at the Boy Genius Report that Wally World was going to start on Nov. 15th. My only guess is "Gift Certificate Sales?" :Smirk:
  2. Is this merely an attempt to boost faltering numbers due to the economy's recent instabilities? Check out this thread for details and the financial particulars here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
You're right. After Christmas doesn't make any sense considering anyone who doesn't already have them is going to be getting them at Christmas anyway. That kind of prompts me to believe that they may not even market at all.

Reaction score
actually it may make some sense depending on the deal Apple has with AT&T and Best Buy . . . there may be timing issues with those semi-exclusive deals that prevents them from starting at Wally until after Xmas.

Still not sure why Apple would do that, though. Yeah, Walmart is huge, but the pricing will be the same and unless Apple simply wants the international exposure, why go there?

Reaction score
The report I read indicated that both Walmart and Sam's would offer then cheaper.

Reaction score
Anyone know what the sams club prices will be? i was planning on getting one but may hold off?

Reaction score
Your wish......(copied this from a ZDNet notice)
Say hello to the $99 iPhone

Jason D. O'Grady: Boy Genius Report first reported in October that Apple would begin selling the iPhone at Walmart and notes that employees are already receiving activation training on the iPhone. Today, BGR claims that Apple may re-launch the discontinued 4GB iPhone at Walmart for $99 (with a two year contract. BGR notes that its source does not have [...]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
A 4GB $99 iPhone from Walmart or Sam's would win over people like my Mom and my Wife. They like my iPhone, but don't care about much other than making calls, email/internet access, iCal, sharing a few photos and looking up the local weather. For them it would be a no-brainer over a RAZR for $99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz Dual Core 15" MBP | 2.2GHz Quad-Core i7 17" MBP | iPod Classic 32GB | iPod Touch 64GB
I saw the iPhone at Walmart and its $249 here in Mi. 8GB 3G iPhone to be exact and its already in stores. They started selling it on Black Friday.

Reaction score
That's pretty good.Well I wish to buy one for the coming

Christmas eve.By the way Happy Christmas to all of you

in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I saw the iPhone at Walmart and its $249 here in Mi. 8GB 3G iPhone to be exact and its already in stores. They started selling it on Black Friday.
Is that with a plan? Isn't Apple and AT&T selling that model for $50 cheaper?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.