Histogram? Does anybody know a good and free tool to create it?

Reaction score
Hi, I need to plot an Histogram and I couldn't find any FREE software to help me. I was only able to find statplus:mac, but it is a trial version and it only works with 10 values. Does anybody know a good and free tool to create histograms?

Thanks, Hodgskin.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi, I see your example, but I need a more powerful tool, not just to plot a chart. I have a huge amount of data, and I need to compute the frequency of them. I've already tried MS Excel for mac, but it don't includes the data analysis tool available on Windows version. Numbers don't has it either. I don't know if OpenOffice has it, I'll take a look. But if you or someone else could suggest a free statistic tool, I'll be very glad.

Thanks for your attention, Hodgskin.

Reaction score
ok.

Well I remember that I used once Gnuplot on Linux to create some stats based on log files. Gnuplot can parse everything and is very powerful (see examples). Its usage is also a bit advanced since everything is done on the command line. I don't know if it was ported to OSX/Unix. You might google for it.

Edit: yes it is compatible with OSX.
Good luck,
Tex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I used GNUPlot for quite some time and found it to be very powerful. Now I use SPSS, but it is on a whole other level, especially price-wise. ;)

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks to all, The R-Project was the best answer to my needs. Gnuplot is very good also, but I couldn't find a way to process data on it. If I already have the data frequency, GnuPlot did a nice histogram, but then I need a another way to compute the frequencys.

Well, just to thank you all and say what solution I used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.