VMware probs

Reaction score
Hello
I have the new MBP 15 inch.

I have windows XP boot camped on a partion of my harddisc, it works fine, the only problem is that the battery life is only 1.19 minutes in XP and 6 hours in OSX.

I therefor purchased VMware and installed it using my already installed XP partion.

It works perfectly, but the only problem is that my windows XP is legal and activated, but every time I turn on the computer and open VMware in OSX, windows and other programs thats got a license, has lost it. And I need to get a new one.

How come?
Does anybody know the solution to this problem.

/Kenneth

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No solution. You need to activate XP again from the VM. It certainly is a pain in the *** trying to cope with Microsoft's draconian anti-piracy schemes, but that's just the way it is.

If it won't activate automatically over the web connection, use the 800 call number and get the activation key that way.

BTW, I still don't understand why you can not get more than 1 hour or so from the battery while in XP. Something's not right, you should get at least 2 hours or more. You need to look into that further.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.