Which speakers to get?

Reaction score
Hi,

Thought I'd sign up here to get some advice. I'm looking for some new speakers/docking station for my 2G iPod touch. I want these to sound really great and look nice. I don't need them to be portable.

So far I've had my eye on three options:

- harman/kardon Soundsticks (£100/$154)
- JBL Creature (£50/$78)
- JBL On Stage 200ID (£120/$185)

From what I've read, the h/k Soundsticks sound the best (and look pretty awesome too), and the Creatures are OK in terms of audio quality. I haven't really read much about the audio quality of the On Stage, but I like it for the fact it has an iPod docking station on top. However, because the Creatures are so cheap, I could buy a Universal Dock (£30/$46) to go with them.

So, what I really want to know is, which would you get? As I said, I'm looking primarily for really good audio quality (I listen mostly to Coldplay/Keane/Kaiser Chiefs/Arctic Monkeys/David Gray etc.) while still remaining under my £120 budget.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
I've got the Soundsticks, and I absolutely love them, can't say enough

Reaction score
FWIW I have portable MTX iThunder stereo speakers that work fine with a Nano or even my old iPod Photo but will not work with my new iPod Touch. This makes me wonder if the docking plug at the bottom of the Touch may be different from the others and could be a problem with other speakers.

John F

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.