Flash Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
its so cool! I know Im already over there too, but I saw this here, so Ill post here. some audio might be nice, the loading page is cool, when I say audio, I mean cartoony stretch effects for the logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I think it looks way cool.

A couple criticisms:
1. The blue's in the Finder logo/icon/graphic appear washed out, but that could just be me.
2. It takes a while to load, I'm on cable at 3Mbps and it still took too long, IMO.

Otherwise I like it, but I have a feeling anyone viewing on dialup might not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
My comment would be that the animation is waaaaaay to big for anyone not on broadband. You either need a way to scale the size way down or an option to skip it for those with dialup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh and BTW, if you're going to take our guidelines, etc....you should probably at least give credit ;)

But seriously, good luck with the site, you can never have enough Mac sites!

OP
V

vtupser

Its cool, but waaaaay too long of load time. Im on a T3 and it took five minutes to load up. The countdown is cool, but the numbers dont mean much because they seem to repeat themselves even though they are in bytes. Otherwise looks cool and I agree with macman in that it needs audio.

OP
C

ChicoWeb

It looks good, I'm not a huge fan of flash intros, but this one is pretty cool. If i were you though I would make the enter now or skip more prevalant. I read a stat once that said 95% of all users hit skip, so I've never entered them into my designs. You have to remember the 3 second rule. If nothing happens in that time period people will close out and you will lose visitors.

Just my $0.02 dollars.

OP
C

CaptainMack

schweb said:
Oh and BTW, if you're going to take our guidelines, etc....you should probably at least give credit ;)

But seriously, good luck with the site, you can never have enough Mac sites!

i PMed trpnmonkey about them...

thanks everyone for all the suggestions. i will take them into consideration... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
ok... its a nice intro... but... it was what... 15-25 seconds? and its waaay too big... cant you compress it somehow?

OP
C

cerberos

I'm also not a fan of flash intros...or flash in general from a web design standpoint, but I liked it :) The images are very clean and well done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CaptainMack said:
i PMed trpnmonkey about them...

thanks everyone for all the suggestions. i will take them into consideration... :)

That's fine, but you need to give credit to the site you took them from. That's not only polite, but it's also copyright law ;)

OP
C

CaptainMack

NightCrawler said:
ok... its a nice intro... but... it was what... 15-25 seconds? and its waaay too big... cant you compress it somehow?

yes, we are working on compressing it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.