Help with the HELP application

Reaction score
It's been a while since my help application in Mac OS is not working as it used to do
Actually it is not working at all, when I run Mac Help from finder, it runs, show nothing for 2 seconds and it aborts

Any idea of how I can solve this problem?

The help contents in other applications like iPhoto seems to run OK, but when I type some words it also aborts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
delete preferences named:com.apple.help.plist, com.apple.helpui.plist, com.apple.helpviewer.plist. theyre in preferences in library in your home folder.

OP
A
Reaction score
Already done and it didn't work
I also tried the repair disk permission, same result, not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, have you installed any software around the time this started? also, try resetting your pram.

OP
A
Reaction score
Resetting PRAM didn't work
I believe that started happening after I updated iphoto to 4.0.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Id say reinstall it. use pacifist to extract it from the mac os x installation discs and install it on its own.

OP
A
Reaction score
I finally fixed this problem by installing the last OS X update
I was afraid about installing it, since I don't know how that could affect the performance of my iBook or any possible issue damaging my computer

The installation didn't go without trouble, at the end of the installation I should press the restart button, but it just wasn't restarting anything, neither could I log out or shutdown the computer. i had to use the Ctrl-Command-1/0 option

But after that Mac help started working

One more thing I noticed is that now safari when draging a picture from the navigator window to the destop (for instance) it doesn't do a download (again), it just place the picture right awa,y it was already loaded in the browser window anyway, so I don't know why it was working that way in the previous revision

OK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.