Looking for WYSIWYG HTML Editor replacement for Frontpage

Reaction score
I just switched my corporate laptop from Windows to OS/X after 12 years of Windows. Although all my personal machines are Linux and Linux is in my job title, I will admit some dependence on MS software. Most notably Frontpage.

I have been using Frontpage to create simple web documents, I like the WYSIWYG presentation, the ability to hack the HTML, the simple look and feel, and basic things that I always take for granted, e.g. real time spell checking. As I find like-for-like replacements for Windows warez on OS/X, I was a bit surprised that finding a replacement for Frontpage has been a challenge.

The closest I have found is Kompozer. But its PPC-based and runs a bit slow, lacks dynamic spell checking, and appears a bit stale. But its very close to perfect.

iWeb is too, well, too controlling.

Dreamweaver is outside of my budget.

I have no interest in re-learning HTML. I do not mind editing it, but to create pages from scratch, well, not for me anymore.

What can you all recommend?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
rapidweaver will fit the bill,
Heaps of plugins available, and an excellent range of templates, I use it on my site SheehanOnline

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks. I just gave it a try. IMHO, its just a better iWeb. You cannot just start it up and edit HTML, you have to create a project and drag your HTML into it. It does not render existing HTML correctly, the preview didn't work, and the CPU is running at 90% util, not great for battery life. As a strict WYSIWYG HTML editor Kompozer bested it. Still looking....

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.