The Notebook "Instant Fixes" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can I reset my PRAM/PMU on a G3 ibook using these fixes?

Mine is actually a G3 ibook (not G4) and I have already tried reseting these using the listed fixes at the beginning of this thread with no luck. I cannot get the ibook to power up, worked fine yesterday until the wife shut down power...will not power up now. Any suggestions are appreciated.

If these don't work, what is the recommended next steps...Apple store repair, etc.??

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a G4 and hyper fingers. Is there any way through system prefs (I've tried looking in individual program prefs) to have there be a "warning: do you really want to exit? yes/no" box pop up if I accidentally quit with six windows open in Safari? This is mainly the place where I have the problem. It just seems like an issue that Mac would anticipate and make provision for, so I thought I'd ask. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 14" LCD, PowerPC G4, 1.5 GB RAM
Hello everyone, I'm in a real pickle here.

Here is my history and dilemma:

bought iBook G4 in mid 2005 (14")
Sent it back because it kept shutting off
got a new one that August.
Got a new logic board Sep 2006.
November 2007 - computer started to randomly shut off. I took it in to get it looked at last week and the guy put a screw back in to my central power and held the power switch for 10 seconds and all was well.

Now I SWEAR that I did everything in my power to get the computer to turn on with no luck. I did the PRAM and PMU stuff both with and without the battery. I pressed to the left of the trackpad. You name it, I did it.

Well, today - now it won't turn on again. I had left the computer open when the battery was in the red. I turned around and it was black and nothing would turn on. So I plugged it in, waited about 30 minutes and still nothing. The battery is brand new. It says it's charged, and my charger was working today. My battery was also working. I've tried the PMU and the PRAM commands, with and with out the battery....

what could be my issue? Or do I just need to call someone.

Reaction score
Help. New Mac Air going wrong! Worked fine until I ran an update, restarted it and it keeps taking me through the set up assistant over and over again!

Any ideas??

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
small problem

i shut the lid of my laptop and left for a few hours and kept it plugged in. when i got back it was fully charged, unplugged it, and opened the laptop and it didnt wake up, i clicked some buttons and eventually just restarted it. when it turned on the built in webcam turned on and is green. i opened photobooth to see if i could turn it off there but i cant, and no picture shows up in photobooth either, just black...

tried restarting it again, but the camera stayed green the entire reboot and still shows no picture in photobooth.

please help me fix it

plz :3

EDIT: fixed it :)

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm closing this thread as it was only ever intended to be related to common Macbook & iBook issues that can be solved by hardware resets.

If you have other issues please create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.