iTunes Video question

Reaction score
hi guys, I got a question about downloaded videos from iTunes. Ok, I downloaded a few and then burned them onto a DVD disk. they work when I play them on my computer in iTunes but they don't work on my DVD player.

do I have to convert them? is there something I am doing wrong? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2GHZ - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD - 500GB External HD - 8GB iPod Touch
Its illegal what your doing, downloading Movies.

So a doubt you will get any help on these forums due to being strict against piracy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
Its illegal what your doing, downloading Movies.

So a doubt you will get any help on these forums due to being strict against piracy.

I believe what the OP was trying to say was "purchased" from itunes. If so they are riddled with DRM (digital rights management) which prevents anything being 'burnt' to dvd and thus will not work on any DVD player.
There are other programs out there which claim to strip the purchased content from the DRM but discussing is strictly prohibited on the forum...

So in response to your post, you have to keep the videos in itunes, or sync them to you iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.