Video Corruption

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
I just noticed this yesterday. All my Dock Icons, Dashboard Widgets and pull down menus icons are all messed up. They have lines and white dots thru them, but all my applications are fine. I haven't made any changes to my iMac and everything seems to be working fine besides this issue. Has anyone heard / seen an issue like this before?

I've attached a screen capture of my Dock and one of the menus.

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook c2d 1.8, G4 mini
same problem you identify

did you find an answer? if so, please advise as I have exactly the same issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
To RGertner, what Mac machine are you using (your specs say IBM and then Intel); and have either of you run diagnostic tests from Disk Utility?

Get OnyX Titanium Software appropriate to your OS version. Repair Permissions and run Maintenance Scripts, see if that fixes the video issue from Finder.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
jmitton,
It's a Hardware issue, with the VRAM failing. Unfortunately since this is built into the system board, it's a $600 replacement. I ended up just buying a new iMac since I have a G5 iMac that is almost 4 years old.

Apple had a recall / repair notice on this issue that expired a year ago so unfortunately there wasn't anything that could be done except replace the systemboard.

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook c2d 1.8, G4 mini
Thank you Ray, I will pass along the bad news.
john

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.