New MBP & MiniDisplay Port Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I bought a new unibody Macbook Pro and an adapter for my VGA connector on my 37" TV. I hooked up the VGA cable to my tv, then to the adapter, and then plugged it in to the Mini DisplayPort. Nothing at all happend.

I have used this setup before with my old MBP and no issues. Has anyone else been having issues with the Mini DisplayPort and a LCD TV with a VGA PC port on it?

Does this seem like a software fix from Apple, or am I out of luck?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is this the adapter you used?

Apple | Mini DisplayPort to VGA Display Adapter | MB572Z/A | B&H

If it is, it should have worked because that's the correct adapter to go from your new MBP to the VGA input on the TV. If your TV inputs are programable from the main menu, make sure the VGA input port is turned on.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I plug everything in & go to:
System Preferences > Displays > Detect Displays
This normal sorts out the TV or secondary display with the correct resolution and refresh rate for me automatically, is this not what happens with yours?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.