A Mac Mini for a PC User?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Here are some PC competitors to the Mini Mac (except for software/size) from Novatech which is my local supplier. For comparison the base Mini costs 339 UKP.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/barebones.html

Add about 90 quid to those prices for Win XP-Pro from the same supplier.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
ped said:
So can you tell us what model Dell it was and what it came with?

Nope, they all look the same to me. ;)

Amen-Moses

OP
A

archer75

witeshark said:
Also consider: fast PCs that run windows must lose performance running virus scanners and spyware removals and adaware that Macs never need and never will: these nasties depend on the windows registry. Access to a Mac in a similar way would need admin or root user permissions. That's the bottom line. Oh, and sexyboy deserved the ban IMO

If these things are constantly scanning 24/7, which they are not. They can be set to run only when you tell it to run. Mine are set to run once a week in the wee morning hours. Complete scans are run then. Other than that I never know they are there. They update automatically without input from me. I have never had a virus and spyware hasen't been an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Here are some PC competitors to the Mini Mac (except for software/size) from Novatech which is my local supplier. For comparison the base Mini costs 339 UKP.

As these are barebones systems only (case, mobo, ram, cpu), you would also have to add for a hard drive, for a dvd/cd combo drive, and possibly a graphics card as the graphics are integrated. ;)

The Mac mini comes complete, only a monitor, keyboard and mouse are required.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.