Horizontal Scrolling in Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Ever since buying a new MBP in September, and using Leopard for the first time, I have been unhappy with the trackpad compared with my previous MBP running tiger 10.4.11.

But to keep it short and to the point, the main problem I have is the inability to scroll horizontally with two fingers. This worked in Tiger, but does not seem to work in any program under Leopard. Apparently there is supposed to be a "Check Box" under "Mouse and Keyboard" in system preferences to allow horizontal scrolling, however this is all I see -

picture1hz0.jpg

Other than the many other things that bug me about Leopard, this one gets to me the most, as I notice it most often. So is my System Preferences strangely missing this check box? Or does anyone else have this problem, any help appreciated.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, it's not Leopard, because I have the following preferences with 10.5.5.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

It'll have to do with the new trackpad features. You still should have horizontal scrolling though. Need input from others that have one of the new machines.

OP
MacBurg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Hmmm, thanks for that, confused even more now, I am running 10.5.5, with a pre-firewireless Macbook Pro, so not sure why our "System Preferences" would be different? I will continue to search for info...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.