Download Folder

Reaction score
I like the idea of this folder but is there an easier way of moving stuff from it into another folder?? I find myself having to move the file to the desktop, then open finder and move the folder to where I want it... sometimes a pain...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
right click on the finder and select "new finder window" Or if finder is already open.. hit cmd n

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
right click on the finder and select "new finder window" Or if finder is already open.. hit cmd n

why cant you just open the downloads folder in finder, then move stuff from there like you would normally?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would that not be how you 'normally' move things around? Perhaps I was misunderstanding the question. In either case, opening a finder window is good. Personally I use mv anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
would that not be how you 'normally' move things around? Perhaps I was misunderstanding the question. In either case, opening a finder window is good. Personally I use mv anyway.

my apologies, i quoted the wrong person :s
sorry about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No worries, I was simply rather confused... course constant conference calls today don't help :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Or you could just use Quicksilver to move your stuff around without having to open a single window :)

Reaction score
I just drag and drop. Open your home folder and then drag and drop from the downloads folder at the bottom. If it is pictures just drag them across to the iPhoto icon and drop them there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.