New iBook,Need some help asap please

OP
J

Jordan

Give it back chump

vuschejan said:
Allright guys, Calm down. This guy was faced with a choice, a choice to keep what he found or try to return it. He made a choice and will live with it. There is nothing we can do about the choice, so lets forgive and forget. He made a choice, maybe not the right one but, its his and we should respect it, and not agree with it within ourselves.

Nope. I would never forgive and forget something like this. What are you talking about regarding us having to respect an jerk like this? Why should I respect him? What would someone have to do to loose your respect?

Dude, give the computer back.

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
vuschejan said:
Allright guys, Calm down. This guy was faced with a choice, a choice to keep what he found or try to return it. He made a choice and will live with it. There is nothing we can do about the choice, so lets forgive and forget. He made a choice, maybe not the right one but, its his and we should respect it, and not agree with it within ourselves.

And you really believe that "found at the airport"-story?! The fact that he doesn't even react to what people are telling him on this thread just makes it even less credible...

I rather think that either he has stolen it, or got it from someone who has stolen it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I doubt it, he pmed me and believes he is banned and has reregistered a different username, it doesnt sound stolen, I think he really found it at an airport. Ive seen similiar things happen.

Reaction score
He should still try to return it MacMan. What if it was your 'book. You'd be PRAYING that someone had the morals to at least try. Heck, if he tried and apple didnt have a record of the owner, then fine. At least he "TRIED" to do the right thing. As it is now, IMO, hes nothing more than a thief with an excuse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
true, Id at least try.

OP
P

psychoschematic

Well said, man, really well said, some people work hard for their equipment!!!

Aptmunich said:
First off:

Contact apple and ask them to check if the owner registered his machine with the serial number on the 'book...

If he/she did, give it back and buy a mac mini with the reward money...

OP
D

Desolate One

Macman said:
I doubt it, he pmed me and believes he is banned and has reregistered a different username, it doesnt sound stolen, I think he really found it at an airport. Ive seen similiar things happen.

I'm sure at least one of the accounts will be disabled if not both, and if he wants help with his "new" Mac he'll be hard pressed to get some here considering that he made no effort to return the property.

OP
C

Cortex

Mike7361 said:
got through the password,bought a charger and im set..thanks for all the help.-mike

Good luck trying to sort your way with the machine that doesn't belong to you.
My guess is that you're too numb for the task. And yes:what goes around comes around.

Be happy poor soul! :p

OP
C

crisrose

God, i hope if i was dumb enough to leave my iBook somewhere, the person who finds it would return it to me.... I'd surely give them money for thier honesty, as i know how much of a temptation it would be to keep it.

Luckily almost all of my work on here is backed up.

I'm pretty **** sure if i left it at an Airport i'd be on the phone to them the second that i noticed it was gone, just as i've done with my luggage in the past!

Sounds to me that someone did find it at an airport, but didn't hand it in to anyone, as i am sure airports hold onto these things more more than 2 weeks, and that if they're not claimed, they go to auction...

Personally i hope the thing blows up. :batman:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.