Struggling with iphoto library

Reaction score
Help! I'm new to mac and I don't like the library thing in iphoto.

When I modify something in iphoto, is it possible to have it impacted (and if possible automatically) in the ORIGINAL file ?

If not, is there a good alternative to iphoto, something similar to picasa ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not sure what you mean it impacting the original file since that's exactly what iPhoto does when you make any changes to photos within the library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
iPhoto keeps the original so that, down the road, you can go back to square one and re-edit your photo. One thing that you should never do is access your photos from within the library in finder. Do anything to/with your photos from within the app. That is what iPhoto is for -- organizing and viewing ones photos -- and it does it brilliantly! If you only access the photos in the app, you won't need to worry about "originals" etc until and unless you need them for something. Let the app work for you, don't try to micromanage it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks. I see the point, what I'll do is modify inside my library then export the files. A bit too complicated though.

OP
C
Reaction score
Alright, then how do you put a file which has been modified by iphoto on a usb key ? if you answer "export file", that's what I do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
You can export it, yes, and that will allow you to choose what size you want for your photo. Or, you can drag and drop from iPhoto to a mounted USB key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.