Worth Upgrading?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP: 2.53GHz Intel Core 2, 4GB DDR3, OS 10.6.8
I have a 2.16GHz iMac running Tiger. Is it worth the money to upgrade to Leopard? I'm going to soon get XP and either Parallels or Bootcamp in order to run certain accounting software I use, this doesn't affect anything but use up some of my hard drive space and isn't benefited by upgrading to Leopard, correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2GHZ - 1GB RAM - 80GB HD - 500GB External HD - 8GB iPod Touch
If i was you i would stick with tiger its alot more lighter then Leopard.
I used to have Tiger on my Macbook and preferred that a lot more then Leopard.
I feel load times especially boot up times were a lot faster in tiger then Leopard and things ran a lot smoother.

BUT!

There are many things in Leopard that are great e.g. if you hover a folder over another folder it will automatically open the folder up, You can preview a file or song then having to open iTunes or Preview etc...

Stick with Tiger thats my opinion, Yours might be different after you do a but more research into it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
You can't use Bootcamp with Tiger anymore though. It was only a beta, the full version is included free with Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Leopard is faster than Tiger and rock solid, but yes boot times generally seem about 15 seconds slower.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.