World of Warcraft on the white macbook :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, iPod Classic
I just installed World of Warcraft on my 2.4ghz 2GB white macbook, and I've gotta say it runs very, very well. Much better than on my old HP laptop. I was a bit worried at first, since I've heard so many people say that gaming on a mac isn't that great. I beg to differ. They may not make as many games for the mac, but the ones that you can play run amazingly well. This was just a little post to say kudos to Apple for satisfying the gamer in me :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Well, World Of Warcraft doesn't really have very high system requirements, so it isn't much of a surprise that it runs well on your MacBook. Don't get your hopes up too high for gaming on your Mac. Many games which have been ported to the Mac are poorly done, and run much slower on the same hardware than their Windows counterparts. For example, the Mac version of The Sims 2 is terrible, while the Windows version runs great on my MacBook. So I would certainly agree with most people who say that gaming on a Mac leaves much to be desired. Thankfully there is always Boot Camp.

OP
batsy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, iPod Classic
Well, World Of Warcraft doesn't really have very high system requirements, so it isn't much of a surprise that it runs well on your MacBook. Don't get your hopes up too high for gaming on your Mac. Many games which have been ported to the Mac are poorly done, and run much slower on the same hardware than their Windows counterparts. For example, the Mac version of The Sims 2 is terrible, while the Windows version runs great on my MacBook. So I would certainly agree with most people who say that gaming on a Mac leaves much to be desired. Thankfully there is always Boot Camp.

Well, all I really play is WoW, so I was just hoping that would run well. But you also said the Windows version "runs great" on your macbook, so it can't be that bad, right?

And why would they make the Mac version of a game bad even though it can run the good version? o_O

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.