cannot connect to router....help

Reaction score
my imac is connected by ethernet to router and works fine, however, when i remove the ethernet and try to connect wirelessly i have no joy no matter what i do. incidently i have a pc upstairs running windows which connects fine???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can you tell us a bit more. What Mac is this and version of OSX? What brand and model is the router. What security are you using on the Wifi of the router? WPA? WEP? None?

OP
H
Reaction score
24inch ally imac
belkin f5d8233 ver3
using wpa-wpa2 psk tkip+aes

also my psp and nintendo wii both connect with these settings only the imac will not

Reaction score
MacBook Pro on wireless network, cannot connect to internet

Need help first understanding why if I have a good wireless connection I cannot access the internet.

Specifics: MacBook Pro running 10.5.5 (just returned from Apple with new harddrive and screen) trying to access Linksys router with no security. Time Warner Cable is our ISP. We've tried every conceivable configuration. In the past I've always been able to assign a static IP and it's worked perfectly fine. Not this time! My HP PC is accessing the internet without issue. Frustrating... Any help appreciated! [This is my first post on mac-forums so hope I'm jumping on correctly :) ]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.