Joystick for Ghost recon?? (Due to Disability)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" 2.66ghz 4GB ram 640GB HD, Powermac G4, Powerbook G3.
Hi, I need a joystick to play some shoot em ups i.e Ghost recon, Unreal tournament etc, But i have lost the use of my left hand:( and would still like to play but i can't make my character move as i need to use the keyboard for movement (left hand) & mouse right hand which is ok, Just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction!.

How about this one??

Logitech Attack 3 Joystick - PC/MAC - USB - Ebuyer

Cheers;D

Geoff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think most FPS games would be a bit hard to play with a Joystick, since mouse aiming is such an important part of most games.

But maybe a mouse that doubles as a keyboard would work?
Most of the time you only need walk forward and strafe left/right and jump on the keyboard.

If you had a mouse with enough buttons or keys to allow you to use those, it might be doable.

I could see something like the MX revolution working for you:
Use the thumb rocker switches for forward / backward movement, the horizontal axis on the scroll wheel for strafing left / right and the additional scroll wheel on the side for jump and weapon switching.

Just an idea!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" 2.66ghz 4GB ram 640GB HD, Powermac G4, Powerbook G3.
Thanks for that, Just googled the mouse & it looks good, Didn't think to look for a mouse!, I think most joysticks are geared towards flight sims etc but anything that allows me to play with one hand would be great.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.