Upgrade Advice for Powerbook G4

Reaction score
I have a 1.33 GHz PowerBoook G4 15" Titanium, 256 MB, currently operating Mac OS 10.3.9. Have been annnoyed with its performance for months now and have had enough (new machine not an option). Runs/responds slow, safari crashes occasionally while loading web pages (asks if I would like to report a bug), cannot use my hotmail account since they update the page. Would like to upgrade to 10.5 (unless 10.4 is recommended) and add additional memory. What else would be recommended to get it back to running the way it should (or hopefully better)? Appreciate any advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
RAM will easily fix the performance issue and make the transition to 10.4 or 10.5 easier. If you can, max out the RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Yeah, 256 is WAY too little RAM for todays needs. You want at least 1 Gb.

Reaction score
A 1.33 Ghz G4 is plenty of power, like everyone else said, upgrade to the max amount of ram. I would personally find a copy of Tiger, it's very stable and runs great on G4's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
That kind of powerbook can actually use 2GB of RAM! I can't believe you're only using 256 MB of RAM...Crazy:p

Anyways, OSX 10.5 would run great on your powerbook and I would suggest just upgrading the RAM to at LEAST 1GB and put Leopard on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
The 1.33 is actually called Aluminum. I just replaced mine with the new MBP but loved my PB. It is very easy to upgrade to 2GB and Leopard ran well on mine. The only issue I had with the machine was the lower slot went out twice and it did not recognize the RAM. Otherwise, it was a great machine for 3.5 years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.