• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

apple big?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Does anyone think that Apple Computer Inc. will ever be as big as it used to be (biger than Microsoft) again? I sure as **** hope so! I hate Bill Gates so much. He's such a little $#!t

P

Prometheus

In an ideal world, yes. Competition is always healthy, keeps prices low, software upto date and bugs get fixed asap. Its always a good thing for the user.

However MS has such a monopoly in the computer world, I think it will be hard for Apple to ever become equal or bigger to MS in terms of size and operating system share.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Nope, I don't see it happening. I don't think Apple will ever get any bigger than maybe 10% of the market under ideal conditions.

But that's ok with me. I like it how it being the smaller, leaner, more innovative competitor. :)

P

Prometheus

schweb said:
Nope, I don't see it happening. I don't think Apple will ever get any bigger than maybe 10% of the market under ideal conditions.

But that's ok with me. I like it how it being the smaller, leaner, more innovative competitor. :)

Yeah, its so much cooler being part of the niche :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
i wonder what happened if apple had the 97% market share instead of M$:p

Reaction score
NightCrawler said:

I that happen Bill Gates would be a Xbox'er. I hate'em also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
NightCrawler said:
Nothing like what happens to windows. Like Linux there is no registry to play with

Z

zeppster

You know it depends on where you live, In my town it seems like about %60 of people own and use macs.

Reaction score
aantoine90 said:
Does anyone think that Apple Computer Inc. will ever be as big as it used to be (biger than Microsoft) again? I sure as **** hope so! I hate Bill Gates so much. He's such a little $#!t

Nope, won't happen... Apples cost to much, most people go for cheap.

M

meltbanana314

Apple won't get big. Microsoft has too much marketshare and influence. Maybe in a few years with the help of Linux, we can get Microsoft down to 85% marketshare with Apple at 10%, Linux 4%, and 1% for everything else.

I can dream, can't I?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
thats one h**l of a dream. Id say M$ at 90%, apple at 7%, linux 2%, and unix and everything else get the other 1%.

I

IChing

The difference between steve and bill is between the two songs, "we can change the world" gram nash, and "everyone wants to rule the world " there is a big difference in changing and ruling. I am glad that apple is closer to E.M. Shumaker (small is beautiful) thoughts and not Henry Fords thoughts. If they were 97% I'd vote for the other just to be socracteric about it as mention in " the republic" if you haven't read that....so give me my hemlock. Apple is what it is because of where it stands in the business world, and in it's philosophy............mac rules.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't think Apple will get more than 10% market share of the computer market. Maybe on ceertain products like the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5Ghz 1Gb RM 2x250Gb Drives SuperDrive OSX 10.3.9
Market-share isn't everything. What's important is that I have a computer that works and works well all the time. And it does exactly what I tell it to do. I can't say the same for 90% of the market.

Besides I think the market-share statistics are not accurate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
*GASP*!!!!

Attack of the Zombie Threads part deux!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
aantoine90 said:

Apple sells way more laptop computers than microsoft does what's the big deal?

L

lil

Even though this an old thread, i'll say it time and time again, who cares how many people own macs, so lng as Apple keeps making them and the OS, I don't care whether Microsoft is bigger or not.

Of course this depends on Apple not messing things up and start turning out trash computers and sends the OS down the tube -- then I will stick with Macs and not feel that marketshare is important.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
jhelm007 said:
Apple sells way more laptop computers than microsoft does what's the big deal?
I wasn't aware that Microsoft sold laptop computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.