Deleting email addresses in Mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I use MacBook's Mail program for my email but have a lot of addresses I need to delete. How do I go about that? I went into Mail - Addresses and it displayed them all but wouldn't let me delete them or drag them to the trash. I don't want to delete them from my Address Book, just the Mail program. I know there's a way to do this but I'm an Apple newbie. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Open Mail, click on Window in the menubar, then recent addresses (or is it recipients -- not at the mac right now). Delete any and all you want from there. Won't have any effect on your Address Book, just cleans up your mail app. I clear all of them out on a fairly regular basis, just to keep things neat and avoid potential problems of sending something to someone who should not get that thing.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Thank you!

Thanks very much. Happy Thanksgiving.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.