Vmware 2.0 for 5$?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I just want to make sure Im reading all this right...

I currently have Parallels 3.0, purchased online from parallels.

Steps:
Buy Vmware 1.0 from Newegg ~55$
Send in for Rebate#103400: -20$
Send in for Competition Rebate: -30$

Total= 5$ with a free upgrade to Fusion 2.0 from 1.0 (as they say on vmware.com)

Here is the Vmware/Newegg Rebate...
http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFil...ec3108jh28.pdf

It says rebates are Combinable, as long as it doesnt go over original purchase of 55$!!!!

Am I right? Vmware 2.0 for 5$?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It says you can combine rebates.

But, there is a hitch and I believe this particularly rebate is a single either/or, not both, rebate. The wording says "Please check the 'offer' you qualify for" - singular. So, you could not check both of them on a single rebate submission.

Each rebate request must be in separate envelopes and each of these two options require the original UPC code cut off of the VMWare box.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
It says you can combine rebates.

But, there is a hitch and I believe this particularly rebate is a single either/or, not both, rebate. The wording says "Please check the 'offer' you qualify for" - singular. So, you could not check both of them on a single rebate submission.

Each rebate request must be in separate envelopes and each of these two options require the original UPC code cut off of the VMWare box.

Both rebates appear to be going to the same place. Ill probably just put them both in a big envelope with the single UPC.

From what I read, it says fill out different submission forms for each rebate, which I can do. I would think since each rebate has a different number, they are able to both be accepted. Either way, ill go for the 30$ before the 20$ :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.