Time Capsule says printer is not responding?

Reaction score
Hello,
I am by no way mac savy and am completely lost. I installed a Kodak ESP 5 printer to my time capsule hoping all would work well. To my surprise nothing worked. I have done just about everything on the web I can find to trouble shoot this problem. So far I have used the printer directly hooked to the Mac to make sure it all worked. After that I hooked it usb to the time capsule and manually added it using system preferences. It shows up on the time capsule in the airport utility and on system prefs but when I try to print all it says is check that the printer is on and connected. That is all I have been able to get it to do. I have tried unplugging and plugging both the printer and time capsule many times as well as reloading the drivers and updating all software. I am completely lost. Any other suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.