Excel/word/ memory!

Reaction score
Hiyah, new iMac user here and I have a question!
When I open Excel or Word Perfect it comes up with not enough memory, is there a way of getting memory (we've only had Imac 3 months) or does anyone know why this happens?
Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hiyah, new iMac user here and I have a question!
When I open Excel or Word Perfect it comes up with not enough memory, is there a way of getting memory (we've only had Imac 3 months) or does anyone know why this happens?
Thank you!

More info is needed: Are you running Excel and Wordperfect in a Boot Camp Windows install or from a VM (Parallels, Fusion)? Or did you mean to write Excel and Word?

Also, copy the exact error to your post.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi There,

The exact error when opening a spreadsheet or word perfect is "not enough memory"
Not sure what you mean by boot camp, the office options excel, powerpoint and word perfect are icons sitting on my dashboard if that helps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi There,

The exact error when opening a spreadsheet or word perfect is "not enough memory"
Not sure what you mean by boot camp, the office options excel, powerpoint and word perfect are icons sitting on my dashboard if that helps.

OK. Your terminology was confusing. I think you're running MS Office 2008 on your Mac. That would be Excel, PP, and Word (not Word Perfect). How much memory do you have?

Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the top menu bar, and then click on "About This Mac". How much memory does it show?

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry, not too up on the techno gabble! it says: Memory:4GB 800 MHz DDRz SDram
Processor: 2.4GHz IntelCore 2 duo.

OP
A
Reaction score
oh, also it comes up with "Microsoft Error Reporting"
Microsoft PP has encountered a problem & needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell microsoft about this problem ... blah, blah, blah ....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have enough memory. (4 GB) Something's not working right with MS Office. I suggest uninstalling it and re-install. After re-installing, download and install all the latest MS updates.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.