am i being silly?

Reaction score
just got my new macbook pro (prev gen though), not the new unibody. got such a good deal with a 320gb hard drive 4gb ram etc that i couldnt pass it up. anyway, this is my first mac and of course i have many issues but that is actually not the point of this post or question. here is my issue. it seems like the regular macbook closes with a m agnetic something or other and closes so nicely, while my macbook pro uses some type of latch system that to me doesnt seem like a good build. are there known issue with this or does it hold up to being closed and opened say 3-4x a day every day?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Mine has held up just fine for almost a year. I open and close mine about 10x a day. If you got a good deal just enjoy it!

Reaction score
Had/have 2 MBP's. Open probably 5x or more a day. No issues. Current MBP I've had for almost 3 months, not 1 issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
yep works perfect :)

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I had 2 of the non-uniboys one for 1 year and the other for 1.5 years. I never had an issue with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Had my 1st gen MBP since it launched and have had no problems with the latch. Open and close it 5-10 times a day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.