How To Get Music Off The iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Hi All,

Got a new iPod + HP - 20GB. I synced to my Windows machine, got about 11GB of mucic on the iPod. Now I want to put that music on my Powerbook, how do you get the music off the iPod on to the Powerbook?

HELP!

Thx

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Because apple set it up that way because they don't want people to just go around giving everybody their music off of their iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Yeah, but that's so stupid. First of all, anyone could just burn all the tracks to data CD's or DVD's. And secondly, iPod can be used as an external HD, so all ya gotta do is store all the songs as FILES (using the iPod as an HD), and just drag 'n drop. Like I said before about DRM, instead of trying to keep music distribution under control, Apple has succeeded only in annoying a bunch of computer-illiterate customers. :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I have an app that removes drm protection and such from music, especially music purchased on ITMS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Echo_ said:
well any way they can slow down piracy helps for them
No it doesn't. If people want free music, they're going to get it.

M

meltbanana314

The Trooper said:
No it doesn't. If people want free music, they're going to get it.

Any way they can *appear* to slow down piracy helps keep the RIAA Extortion Squad off Apple's back. But you're absolutely right that the people will get what they want. Eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I just started using a free app called robs ipod exporter, you can use it on multiple macs too.

F

flonejek

err if u wanna remove drm on itunes files use hymn. thats all im sayin, google hymn+itunes for more.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
You can always use the terminal.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.