Macbook Pro Wireless Card defective

Reaction score
The IT people think that my Macbook pro wireless card is defective (my settings are all fine, and I can't connect to the wireless at my school)... If it turns out to be defective, how easy is it to fix?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, take with a "grain of salt" what the IT folks say at school. Most of them have little to no training on Mac computers. That said, I would test the machine on another wireless system, preferably one that was open to the public like at a library or even Starbucks.

If the wireless capability turns out to be defective and your machine is still under warranty, Apple will repair it. Easy fix? Nothing on a portable computer is really an easy fix; it requires care, knowledge, and skill to dig into any notebook computer be it a MBP or an IBM Thinkpad.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Solid advice by chcag. Go try some other wireless networks. You should get your answer fairly quickly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.