MBP Keyboard Problem. Frozen Keys?

Reaction score
My "delete" "spacebar" and "tab" keys suddenly stopped working altogether. All the other keys seem to work fine but those, no matter what I try, will not function. I've even gone as far as to reboot the system thinking it could have been a virus...to no avail.

The keys being so far away from each other makes it seem weird that just those would give out. Any help, or should I just send it back to Apple for a new keyboard?

I'm currently running Tiger OSX. I've seen problems for Leopard and fixes for them, but my problem seems different and..well, I don't run Leopard.
Thanks for any feedback.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Test the machine first before deciding on taking it in to Apple or sending to them for repair. A good test would be to attach an external keyboard to the machine. It doesn't have to be an Apple keyboard, just one that has a USB connector. Don't test with wireless.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.