Trying (again) to Get BTTM working...Some firewall questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Penryn) 2.8ghz 4GbRam 500GbHDD
We have a remote location iMac behind a Speedtouch ST585 Router that despite saying it has uPnP turned on just will not play nicely with Back-to-my-Mac.

I have no choice about using this router, I haven't got access to the information I would need to replace it with a Netgear (Like I have working nicely at home with BTTM).

So.. The Speedtouch at the remote end... I need to open up ports and point them directly at the remote iMac. This is already sounding alarm bells in my head as there is no facility in the router to forward these ports only for specific incoming IP addresses.

Is there any way to configure the remote iMac behind the Speedtouch to only accept incoming packets on these ports from my specific fixed IP address here at home? I'd like attempts to access from any other IP address to be met with a stealth response not admitting the existence of any machine.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.