iPhone firmware 2.2 available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Installing as we speak...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I really hope Apple fixed the Safari instability because it gets real annoying real fast when Safari crashes on you every couple of minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Never had any Safari issues...

I'll install in a few days when I get home and have a better connection.

Reaction score
I just downloaded 2.2 but I can't find Google Street View anywhere. Anyone use this function yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
i actually just played with the google street view. it worked ok for me. i haven't tried safari yet to see if the crashing problem was fixed. i had heard they were going to include a horizontal keyboard for texting, but i guess not.

Reaction score
i actually just played with the google street view. it worked ok for me.
I'm glad you're able to use it but I still don't see it on my phone. Is it supposed to be with the Maps app? Or does it have its own icon?

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I'm glad you're able to use it but I still don't see it on my phone. Is it supposed to be with the Maps app? Or does it have its own icon?

It only works in certain areas. If you type in a street name it will drop a pin at that location. If street view is available for that location it will show a little person icon.

Here's a screenshot:

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how could i get the bus times and everything?

I believe it's only if you live in a large area. My location doesn't have any of the bus/transit times. :(

If you click directions on the bottom it should be the middle tab on the top.

Reaction score
also with the update people should see fewer dropped calls and fewer call setup failures, which was a huge issue on Apples part when the iPhone 3g first came out, slowly apple has been getting their stuff together, but they still have a long way to go.

buggy software by apple.... everyone blamed AT&T when it was Apples problem all along with the dropped calls. Im just making sure the fingers are pointed to the problem....thats all.

its buried way down at the bottom this review... under "minor tweaks"
TG Daily - Apple rolls out iPhone 2.2 firmware

Reaction score
It only works in certain areas. If you type in a street name it will drop a pin at that location. If street view is available for that location it will show a little person icon.
Thanks Eric! Very helpful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
My friend just downloaded 2.2 on his touch and every time he opens a app from the app store it always crashes. Can someone tell me how to fix it so i can help him fix it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Some apps will need to be updated by their developer(s) to be compatible with 2.2. I've noticed much better battery life, Safari speed and an increase in speed in general. I couldn't get Safari to crash last night at all, which is a big improvement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
also with the update people should see fewer dropped calls and fewer call setup failures, which was a huge issue on Apples part when the iPhone 3g first came out, slowly apple has been getting their stuff together, but they still have a long way to go.

buggy software by apple.... everyone blamed AT&T when it was Apples problem all along with the dropped calls. Im just making sure the fingers are pointed to the problem....thats all.

its buried way down at the bottom this review... under "minor tweaks"
TG Daily - Apple rolls out iPhone 2.2 firmware

A long way to go? I think not. AT&T is still the carrier here. Dropped calls are still higher on AT&T than on Verizon. My work phone is with AT&T and has a higher dropped call rate than my iPhone. Be careful where you point fingers, they need to be pointed in multiple directions. From my experience, AT&T pretty much sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
A long way to go? I think not. AT&T is still the carrier here. Dropped calls are still higher on AT&T than on Verizon. My work phone is with AT&T and has a higher dropped call rate than my iPhone. Be careful where you point fingers, they need to be pointed in multiple directions. From my experience, AT&T pretty much sucks.

This really depends on where you live, and, as you put it, your PERSONAL experience. I have had just about every carrier, and they all sucked compared to my AT&T service. I don't like them as a company, but I have had nothing but quality from them since day 1.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Eric! Very helpful!
You welcome. Glad I could help.
This really depends on where you live, and, as you put it, your PERSONAL experience. I have had just about every carrier, and they all sucked compared to my AT&T service. I don't like them as a company, but I have had nothing but quality from them since day 1.
Exactly. ATT is great in my area but I know people who have bad service in a whole completely area. Thats why when people ask online about ATT service I always suggest to ask people they know locally who have the service. That's the best way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Photo clarity problem

Before the 2.2 update to the iPhone I was able to save an emailed picture to my phone without losing picture quality, but since the update once I save an image from an email and open it in photo the image looks distorted. Has anyone else experianced this? Is there a fix to this or a setting that needs an adjustment? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Not really. I travel a lot on business so I spend time in places stretching from Maine to Hawaii. I get a pretty good sense of how well service works nation wide, not just in one area. In a period of several years, Verizon provided better, more reliable service than AT&T ever did on a nation wide scale. Some areas were good, others sucked bad. Verizon was consisted and steady pretty much no matter where I went.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Not really. I travel a lot on business so I spend time in places stretching from Maine to Hawaii. I get a pretty good sense of how well service works nation wide, not just in one area. In a period of several years, Verizon provided better, more reliable service than AT&T ever did on a nation wide scale. Some areas were good, others sucked bad. Verizon was consisted and steady pretty much no matter where I went.

And how is this not your personal experience? Regardless of your area of travel, this is still your personal experience. For your story and experience, I could find another who has the same story and experience with good service from AT&T. It is all vicarious experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.