belkin54g+imac g4+ps3 HELP ME E:'(

Reaction score
Ok. The story is I have a imac g4 that is connected to the dsl modem which in turn is connected to the belkin54g wireless router and then back into my imac, which worked perfectly for my ps3.
But i went and got a new macbook pro that wont connect to my network and my ps3 has dropped off the network and i cant connect to it anymore. Somebody please help im about to have a very expensive bonfire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Your DSL modem will be connected to a phone line. There should be an Ethernet cable to the router from the DSL modem. All your devices should be connected to the router via wired or wireless connections. There might be other ways with sharing and such, but it should be setup as I described above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
So what you are saying is you have your DSL modem connected to your iMac, but you also have the router connected to the iMac as well? That doesn't make any sense.

It should go like this:

Modem --> Router --> iMac, PS3, MBP

All devices should connect only to the router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Is your DSL provider using PPPoE? Try hooking up the phone line to the DSL modem and then Ethernet to the Belkin router. Try getting one computer online with a wired connection. Once you have one online you will be good to go. You might have to put some settings in the Belkin to get it working with the DSL provider.

OP
C
Reaction score
my imac is using the wired connection. The macbook and ps3 can see the network, but can't connect to the net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
Get that imac off of the modem NOW. Hook the router directly to the modem. You will need to use the same pppoe seettings as on your imac and might need to do a mac address clone as well. once that is setup, connect everything (imac, mackbook, ps3) to the router.

OP
C
Reaction score
sorry, but not great with networks. what are the exact steps i need to do to correct this. thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What brand and model DSL modem do you have?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Not to be a pain but what is the Model Number on that Netopia? Some have their own router built in and some do not. That makes a big difference using it with the Belkin.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What DSL are you using? Which company? Do you have a Username and Password PPPoE Login in the Netopia to connect with your DSL? I found the manual on the Netopia 3300. Just need to know more about your DSL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.