Holder for iphone in car

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey berrill,

I bought the Griffin WindowSeat which is pretty good. It holds the phone either portrait or landscape & comes with different mounting ends to suit the iPod Touch, iPhone or iPhone 3G.

It also comes with an extension arm for cars like mine where the windscreen is further away, and a dash mounting kit for those who don't want to mount it on the windscreen.

The only down side was that I thought it to be a little pricey, but, like you I was looking for a good quality solution and this one seemed to fit the bill!

Check it out,

Cheers,

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
WindowSeat

I got the WindowSeat, too, and found it works good. :)
If a silicon skin is used, however, it has to be removed. Also if a clear protective cover (clear armor from case mate) is used, the WindowSeat won't fit with the iPhone well (it does but it will ruin the corner of the protective cover). BTW, I will not recommend the Clear Armor from Case Mate. I applied as instructed but it leaves very fine wavy patterns (chatter) on the entire surfaces (see attached photo). I contacted Case Mate and explained what happened but did not get a clear answer (they talked about 'bubble' but I knew those chatters were not bubbles). Then I got a replacement for free and tried it on again but the result was the same. So I gave up. I am not sure about the other clear protective cover but this one, Clear Armor, was not something I would recommend. :Angry:

iPhone surface 003.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.