iPod shuffling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white
Is it possible to shuffle within a playlist on the iPod... i.e.

I want to listen to my on-the-go playlist but I'm not going to listen to all 46 songs on one trip... rather than hearing the same songs all the time, can the playlist be shuffled on the go :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
to shuffle songs on an iPod touch:

Select a song from within the desired playlist. Tap on the album art (or the music note if there is no art), look the top left of the top pane that just appeared. There is the shuffle icon. Tap that, and it should turn blue. Now the songs from within that playlist are shuffled.

Method for iPod classic and nano:

From iTunes, select the playlist you want shuffled. At the bottom left corner, there are four icons: a plus (+) sign, shuffle icon, repeat icon, and show/hide album art. When you click the shuffle button, the playlist gets shuffled. If you do not like the order of songs, click the shuffle button again to set it back to normal, then click again. You basically just re shuffled the playlist. And in a more simpler term, just double click the shuffle button after enabling shuffle the first time. Next, sync your iPod. After the sync, the songs in that playlist are now shuffled.

You can also use that method for the iPod touch.

Hope this helped :)

OP
CurtisJC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.1GHz, 4Gb RAM, 120Gb white
It did, thank you... I'm just kinda annoyed that i have to shuffle in iTunes every time I want my playlist a bit mix up :D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.