12" screen

C

code777

Just curious how many 12" owners out there are happy with their screen size. This past week my friend left me with his Toshiba Satallite M35x S161 for "repair" (getting rid of all the spyware, hijack ware, virus, trojans, etc...) and I've been working on it 4 days straight. After going back to my 12" iBook it was like night/day. It got me thinking, should i get an external LCD? Or was this just an illusion, i was use to the 12" but after using the 15.4" widescreen I feel like I need more space.

Any other 12" fans feel this way? And if so did you purchase an external? If so what brand/model? Thoughts? Or am i just insane.

OP
P

PrimeRib

code777 said:
Just curious how many 12" owners out there are happy with their screen size. This past week my friend left me with his Toshiba Satallite M35x S161 for "repair" (getting rid of all the spyware, hijack ware, virus, trojans, etc...) and I've been working on it 4 days straight. After going back to my 12" iBook it was like night/day. It got me thinking, should i get an external LCD? Or was this just an illusion, i was use to the 12" but after using the 15.4" widescreen I feel like I need more space.

Any other 12" fans feel this way? And if so did you purchase an external? If so what brand/model? Thoughts? Or am i just insane.

I've got two laptops, one 16' Alienware gaming machine and of course, the 12' iBook. I love the screen on my Alienware, large, crisp, 1600x1200 native res and the color, brightness (After adjustment) are spot on perfect. However, I love my iBook as well. Most web pages are native 1040x1280 nowadays so the iBooks native res fits most web pages fine with little scrolling, honestly it doesn't bother me one bit. I think with the larger models (and of course, my Alienware beast) you sacrifice a lot more with the larger screen; namely portability in both battery life and weight. And these are the reasons why I chose the iBook in the first place.
;)

OP
P

Prometheus

12" screen is just fine for basic tasks, and with 1024x768 is great for web pages. The main reason I went for the smaller screen was portability.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

For me, the 12" is just perfect. Big enough to use all day and night and see everything, and also small enough to easily carry around everywhere. I played with some laptops belonging to friends the other day and they had 15" screens and just looked massive! Windows laptops just look like bricks to me now, lol.

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with something bigger than 12" in my iBook
The main reason is portability

Only recently that I have started using GIMP I could use a bigger screen, but there is no way I prefer a bigger laptop, It would be a desktop with a screen bigger to 17"

So the ibook stays with the 12" screen

by the way, wich is the bigger screen/resolution that the iBook support (externally)?

Reaction score
Well if you want more than a 1024/768,then get something with a bigger screen...

OP
M

muhrijn

shaun89 said:
Well if you want more than a 1024/768,then get something with a bigger screen...
Hi guys, I am thinking of buying a 12" iBook. The only thing I want to do, since I am a web/motion designer is to hook up an external monitor when I'm at the office to work at a higher resolution, say 1280x1024, is it possible to use an ibook and attach an external screen for use at a higher resolution, or is this only possible on a powerbook?

OP
N

nbn22385

i am perfectly fine with the 12", plus i get extra portability which is much more important to me than an extra 2" screen space with no gain in resolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.